Saturday, August 22, 2009

M.E.N.

3/365

It never ceases to amaze me how just one song can provoke so much emotion. The nights where I can't sleep, I've decided to relax by listening to some tunes as my mind becomes a jumbled mess- mindless, wandering thoughts combined with song equals mixed up emotions where I sit pondering, really, anything. But it's a beautiful experience, in my own mind at least. Which is exactly why I am in love with M.E.N. (Musical Exploration Night), hosted by members of the JB Band via Twitter. John Taylor, Greg Garbo, Rob Hoffman, Ryan Liestman, Jack Lawless and I don't even know who all else provide followers with a playlist of the songs they listen to while on their tour bus, allowing anyone to listen to whatever they are listening to at that moment. Most of the music I've never heard before which is the beauty of M.E.N. because the songs are good with a mixture of punk, r&b, bluegrass, jazz, ska and anything you can imagine. As Rob Hoffman would say they are constantly "breaking cultural boundaries." I missed tonight's M.E.N. and went back and played short clips of each song, but it's just not the same when you aren't listening along with them. So, instead, I've decided to come up with my own personal playlist for tonight. Here I go...



1. Drive- R.E.M. 2. Bright Side- The Soft Pack 3. Eastern Glow- The Album Leaf 4. Heat of the Night- Bryan Adams 5. Maybe I'm Amazed- JEM 6. Forever Young- Youth Group 7. November Rain- Guns N Roses 8. I Will Follow- U2 9. Don't Look Back- Boston 10. Betterman- Pearl Jam 11. Don't Look Back in Anger- Oasis 12. In My Place- Coldplay 13. Better Days- Goo Goo Dolls 14. Mary Jane's Last Dance- Tom Petty 15. Stairway to Heaven- Led Zepplin 16. With or Without You- U2 17. If I Had Eyes- Jack Johnson 18. Dreaming With A Broken Heart- John Mayer 19. Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol 20. Where Are You Going- Dave Matthews Band

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★