Wednesday, June 9, 2010

wedding music


{Hopefully I'll have wedding pictures posted soon. PS The ukulele is the coolest instrument ever. End of story.}

I haven’t blogged in what feels like forever. My cousin’s wedding was on Friday. I was a bridesmaid. It was hot outside, but it was a lovely wedding. What I really want to talk about is the fantastic music that was played. Side note: The DJ was amazing. The bridesmaids walked down the aisle to “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole and my beautiful cousin walked down the aisle to “Hey, Soul Sister” by Train. The wedding party was introduced by each couple and walked in the reception to “Walk It Out” by Unk. We each had to do a dance. I can’t remember what I did, but I know it ended in a twirl.

{Read more about wedding music...}

My cousin and her husband had their first dance to a Rascal Flatts song and halfway through upbeat music started and they broke out into choreographed dance. It was epic, honestly. I can’t remember all the songs, but I know N’Sync’s “Bye Bye Bye” was in there somewhere. My cousin is a fantastic dancer by the way and I give her husband major kudos. The father/daughter dance was “Cinderella” by Steven Curtis Chapman. And three of the groomsmen (wearing T-Bird work suits), one of their girlfriends & the DJ did a dance number to a mix of Grease songs.

Anyway, the wedding has me thinking about what music is appropriate to play at a wedding. What songs give a wedding a bit of personality? I’ve decided that my wedding party would walk in to the reception with the song “Back in Black” by AC/DC. & My father/daughter dance would have to be “California 2005” by Phantom Planet- because it's the slower version of the song. My dad and I bond by watching The O.C. together. My dad loves the show & we are currently on season three.

What songs do you want played at your wedding? What songs have you liked at other weddings? Basically if you have any experiences or thoughts on music at weddings, please share.

9 comments :

  1. yey! It sound like you had an amazing time :) I have 3 (!!!!) weddings now, so i'll have to give my opinion then ^^ I promisse at least i'll post some outfit posts. (i'm going to meet my darling's friends and family...uuuu)
    I loved your music suggestions and although i love weddings, the music part is something i'm not sure yet, because i really want an autumn wedding for myself.. i'll chose some classics perhaps.
    Missed to hear from you*Kiss kiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding sounds like it was wonderful! Especially with the awesomely epic choreographed dance thrown in there :D I don't know what songs I want to have play at my wedding yet... definitely some Jack's Mannequin in there somewhere since they're my favorite band, but other than that, I dunno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really nice selection! Omg, I haven't even thought about music I would have played at my wedding :O Now I have something to daydream about ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wedding sounds amazing! I've always thought that weddings don't have to be so traditional, it's gets a bit boring. A wedding should have the personality of the bride and groom and be fun! It's the perfect way to start a life together in my opinion. :D

    I haven't even begun to think about the kind of music I'd like at my own wedding. I'll have to think that over. lol I've only been to one wedding myself and it was a bit boring really. It was lovely but nothing that would stick out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i adore hey, soul sister. it's one of my favorite songs. ever.
    hope you had fun at the wedding! i would have no idea what to play at my wedding. i remember with my first boyfriend, he asked me what my favorite romantic song was and i said "hero by enrique" because i couldn't think of anything else! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore this song, and this post gained me a new found love for your blog. It is DEFINITELY getting followed ;D. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fantastic wedding. I love those choreographed dances. I haven't been to a wedding forever. So wish I get invited to one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love weddings, even though I've never been to one yet. They're so beautiful and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and think it's amazing (the background! the posts!)
    I'm gonna follow you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★