Wednesday, March 24, 2010

charlie mcdonnell



"Dancing like Justin Bieber ohhh... Cause we've got Bieber fever ohhh yeah." This 13-second song has been in my head for the past two days. In fact, it seems like every 13 seconds I burst out into song, scaring both my parents and my dog. Well maybe not quite, but I do receive concerned stares whenever I try to mimic the dance moves featured in the above video. I can't help it. It's catchy. And I even tried to make it my ringtone. I failed miserably, just so you know.

Now before you start thinking I'm some crazy Bieber fan that contributes to "Justin Bieber" as a trending topic on Twitter {side note: Can someone explain to me why this boy trends every day?}, l want to clarify that I do not have some crazy obsession with Mr. Bieber. Instead I am obsessed with the charming Charlie McDonnell. I'd seen a video of his a few months back on A Natalie Moment, but didn't realize how truly rad Charlie is until Natalie's most recent blogpost. {Thank you, Natalie!}

For those who don't know, Charlie is a quirky teen and video-blogger from England. Known as charlieissocoollike, he is the second most subscribed YouTuber in the United Kingdom. He's also in a band called Chameleon Circuit that plays songs about Doctor Who. He's colored himself purple. He loves his mum. He plays the ukulele. And in short, he's like... cool. ★

11 comments :

  1. So this guy in the video is Charlie? I like him too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love charlie's videos and this was was great as always.

    Not sure what's up with the whole bieber thing either, he's not yet that popular where I live, but I think he'll be soon.

    Great post btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I'm super duper glad that I have brought the amazingness of Charlie McDonnell into more peoples' lives :) He is quite fantastic indeed, hehe <3 And oh my gosh, I have no idea why Justin Bieber is always trending! It's insane, but true... ah, the world is an odd place, hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is tooooo funny.
    i'm from winnipeg where his dad lives and everytime he's at a mall just shopping it's rediculous.
    i have NO idea why, especially why he is trending everyday.

    this video is sooooo funny - thanks for clearing up that you're in love with charlie and not justin.
    i got a little worried.
    haha.

    love&light!

    ps - i linked you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have such a crush on Charlie now -- this kid is too funny. The internet has come such a long way since I was a teenager (which really wasn't SO long ago). I think this is the best thing I've seen in a long time. I'm so going to have to check out his other videos now. Seriously great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Songs about Dr. Who? I need to find this guys youtube channel- thank you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. People were talking aboot him the other day and I had no idea who he was- I'm in love with him now! That song is very catchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw him on "Chelsea Lately" and was all, "He's so adorable" - and then I realized I have no clue what he has done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last time I was crazy about some boyish guys ere 8 years ago. Haha. He and Zac Efron are all good- looking guys, very good- looking indeed, but I see no reason why we have to be crazy about them:)

    Eniwey, being crazy about something makes our days a little bit extraordinary, don't you think?:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★