Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Walker Wonderland






My most recent, treasured discovery is none other than the genius photographer Tim Walker. His art is a wonderland in itself- whether it be his use of statue horses, dress lanterns, or multicolored cats. I can’t get enough of this peculiarity. His imagination is said to stem from his childhood and the imaginations of those who shaped it- CS Lewis and Lewis Carroll, among others. Walker recalled, “I had a happy childhood. A very good family life and it is that idyllic time that I look back to. As a child, I loved children’s books. Today I see that often my work is reminiscent of those images I studied for hours. When I look back I realise I’ve just done that in a shoot… everything is connected to what I drew upon as a child.” Now if only I could afford the new book, Tim Walker Pictures.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★