Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy October

My favorite month has finally arrived. It's my last month in the apartment. & There's just something about this time of year that puts me in the happiest of moods. ★


"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore." -Vincent van Gogh

"There is something beautiful about a billion stars held steady by a God who knows what He is doing." -Donald Miller



"I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." -L. M. Montgomery


"She often could not articulate her thoughts; they seemed like objects glimpsed peripherally, skittish and ungraspable, splinters and fragments that would not add up to much if bundled together; they refused to stand still for examination. For this reason, she was largely silent." -Katherine Min


"We always see our worst selves. Our most vulnerable selves. We need someone else to get close enough to tell us we’re wrong. Someone we trust." -David Levithan


"The most important things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them — words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they’re brought out. But it’s more than that, isn’t it? The most important things lie too close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you’ve said at all, or why you thought it was so important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That’s the worst, I think." -Stephen King


"Notice that Autumn is more the season of the soul than of Nature." -Friedrich Nietzsche


"I love unmade beds. I love when people are drunk and crying and cannot be anything but honest in that moment. I love the look in people’s eyes when they realize they’re in love. I love the way people look when they first wake up and they’ve forgotten their surroundings. I love the gasp people take when their favorite character dies. I love when people close their eyes and drift to somewhere in the clouds. I fall in love with people and their honest moments all the time. I fall in love with their breakdowns and their smeared makeup and their daydreams. Honesty is just too beautiful to ever put into words." -Unknown

1 comment :

  1. lovely pictures dear! i wish i could live in a place where this month was all year around.. and i still think i would enjoy it as much!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★