Wednesday, January 13, 2010

four things




click photos for credit

The lovely Lazzenia from A Beautiful Mess has passed on to me an award thingy ma jig. I am to write four things about myself and then pass it on to four more people. First, I'd like to thank Lazzenia because this is the first time I've been nominated to do one of these things, so thank you very, very much.

Four Things

1. I have a bunch of red dots on my neck where I have more blood vessels than the average person near the surface of my skin. It's a birth mark. Throughout the years people have asked if it's a hickey, a tattoo and so on. & in kindergarten a boy called me an alien. My mom always told me they were merely thousands of angel kisses. I still believe they are.

2. I often miss my childhood and the days when things were simple. Before heart break and other things that harden us over time. Before mom got sick and when brother still lived at home. I miss him.

3. When I was a little girl we had a collie named Misty. She slept on the floor near my bed. Every night I'd say my prayers & pray for our dogs. I forgot to pray for her one night and in the morning she was dead. As a child, I'd been convinced it was my fault.

4. I absolutely love to travel. The love began after I studied abroad past June to Paris, London & Dublin. I'd love to see more of Europe and revisit my favorite places. I miss St. James Park in London, the crepe stands in Paris and the merry pubs of Dublin. I really want to travel everywhere- Egypt, Japan, Germany are at the top of my list. & I dream of going to New York one day. I always said I'd like to live there for at least a year of my life. Now I say that about London. Maybe I can do both one day.

I'm passing this on to:

Kelly Ann
Shelby from Eloise & Éclairs
Holly from Fawned
Danica from A Sight To Be Seen

24 comments :

  1. OH MY GOSH..YOU DIDN'T!!! haha I started my blog this Christmas!!!I don't think my blog is good enough for an award but thank you!!! haha This really made my day and it goes to show that you don't need photoshop, html knowledge or a bunch of fancy schmancy stuff on your blog to get recognized! haha

    Thanks Krissie!!!

    post script-I don't know who to pass it on to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you are such a dear heart, thank you so much! i will hopefully have this up in the next few days! you are lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really remember my childhood.

    travelling is an absolute delight, you learn so much about yourself and the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog today.
    I have a cat named Misty, I'd never heard anyone else's pet had that name too, cool! I am sorry to hear that story though, it's so sad.

    Oh, one thing, if you, like I did too, want to try a pretzel in New York, please do it. I didn't when I had the chance and still regret it. Oh well, maybe some other time I get a do-over...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe they are angel kisses too :)

    Awh thank you! I'll get this done today, certainly :D Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was interesting to read your four things :) thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a cool that you traveled the to Europe, I've been wanting to travel the world too; starting with Ireland. I love that place. So I'm saving up my little pennies for that one day when I'm a world traveler.
    Just a friendly warning, if you want to spend a year in New York your going to have to get used to loud noise all the time. I visited there for about three days.

    Sarah

    P.S I love your little blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. this post has reminded me to search for those grey woollen tights i've been needing all of my life.

    and i share your travel bug! i've never been so happy in my life than when i've been abroad, experiencing new cultures, learning new languages, eating delicious foreign food.

    please keep blogging. you have yourself a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww, your mom is so sweet... thousands of angel kisses. I want those too, even if they'll be mistaken for a hickey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on your award! love the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so interesting to find out these facts. Even for someone who lives in England, London is a magical city. I love the pace of life, the hustle and bustle.

    Living in New York has been a dream of mine for years and years. I'll get there one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss the simplicity of childhood as well... It's true, ignorance really is bliss :/ But oh my goodness, the story about Misty sounds absolutely heart-wrenching D:

    I love traveling, but the only place I've been in Europe so far has been Italy. I would positively love to go to London though O:

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss the pubs of Dublin and Galway myself. My boyfriend and I are planning to go back, spend some time there, immerse ourselves in the culture. I've always wanted to sing in an improptu music session in a pub. You're such a beautiful writer and I'm so glad you decided to share these four things about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such beautiful photos. I, too, often miss the simplicity of childhood. Why didn't we appreciate it then?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh I love the second picture. I've seen these on the original blog and I love them so much. So magical.

    I agree, when I was little, life was so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  16. those ruffles peeking out from the skirt is sooo pretty !
    i miss childhood days as well.. i dont have to think about anything ! its like happy all the time..

    thanks for the warm comments as usual..
    have a great weekend ahead !

    visit, comment , follow me at .
    glisters and blisters :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE to travel. And Germany is one of my favorite places! Oh, Parisian crepe stands, I miss thee.

    Angel kisses, indeed. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the recognition! I loved reading four new things about you. I just put you down again for the people I'm passing it onto because I haven't talked to many other people yet and don't know enough readers yet. You don't need to answer 4 more things again :)
    It's wonderful you had the chance to travel abroad and to see many parts of Europe!
    Last spring I went on a class trip to France and I too feel so lucky but hope to visit frequently and explore the rest of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your award! Loved reading those 4 things about you ... makes me know you better ... you are such a lovely, sensitive soul!

    PS Unsure whether I've told you already; but I have the same skirt from Topshop. I love the tutu feel of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. re. point #3 oh you poor thing and your poor beloved dog, it was none of your fault honey! thanks for sharing the rest of them, it's fun reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful. I'm strange in that I don't miss my childhood, I'm having way more fun now lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog, it's gorgeous :).
    I love the second photo. I want that skirt!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★