Monday, October 12, 2009

Don't worry, be happy



The leaves have begun to fall. And for a short while it was starting to cool down. But it's back in the 90s here in Phoenix, so we haven't fully managed to hit the official fall season. How I wish it would hurry up and get here. I want that autumn smell to hit me when I walk out the door in the morning. I want to feel like I need a hot cup of coffee. All in time I suppose. Well the past few days I have found myself happier than I've been in a while. Which is quite surprising, since a certain someone brought me down on Friday. But thankfully, I got over it. Here's a few things that have made me happy over the past few days:

  • Saturday I experienced my first hockey game. I had no idea what to expect. I came prepared with hoodie, scarf and gloves. But alas, I only needed my jacket. The game was full of hardcore fights, which I discovered are best watched while bundling up in a hoodie while struggling to wave a pom-pom in the air. I had a great view of the ice from the suite. And since I just so happened to work at the event, the tickets were free. It was the night opener and I, along with the other members of what is known as Street Team, handed out t-shirts to people as they made their way into the arena since it was a 'white-out' game. The night ended with thirty minutes of handing out flyers to guests after the game ended. Easy work, I must say. & I got paid. Free tickets and a paycheck? Pretty nice way to spend a Saturday, I must say.
  • Miraculous test scores are wonderful. Especially when you think that you'll be lucky to pull off a B minus on a midterm. So when I made my way up to the front of my World Politics to collect my blue books, I wasn't expecting much. In fact, I was dreading opening the first page to see my score. So I was surprised when the TA told me, "great job," as he handed me my exam. I was even more shocked to discover that I received 100 percent on my midterm. Go me! Then later in the day I was told by my PR professor that I was the only one in the class who received an A on our news releases. Not a bad Monday.
  • Discovering journals on sale at Anthropologie, which just so happens to have the neatest journals on planet Earth.
  • Realizing that there are only two more days until the Honor Society concert with Gwenie. I'm ready to get 'Full Moon Crazy.'
  • Dancing like no one is watching. Note that this is proof I can not dance. And it is also proof that I no longer care:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★