Monday, September 28, 2009

by Krissie herself


I was looking at some of my favorite blogs today when I came across Ev'Yan of Apricot Tea's newest post. I had never heard of the Proust Questionnaire until today. French writer Marcel Proust completed the questionnaire twice in his lifetime, one at 13 and the other at 20. He believed that an individual reveals his or her true nature by answering the questions.

I gave a lot of thought to some of my answers. Others were rushed. Some surprised me. Some I simply couldn't come up with an answer.

The Proust Questionnaire:

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Having a mind-set of a child; feeling the presence of God and His Love; honest, meaningful conversation with friends; seeing your favorite band perform live; when your well of all things inspiring and creative is overflowing {that may not make sense]; when my nephew tells me, "Love you, Kris;" road trips and traveling; but most of all, being content with your circumstances, fully trusting God with your life, believing in yourself and loving others- doing all four of these simultaneously is perfect happiness.

2. What is your greatest fear? Fear itself. It has the power to keep me from chasing my dreams, to live a life without meaning and keep me from fulfilling whatever purpose I might have.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Hating the fact that I have traits that I deplore in myself.

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Self-centeredness.

5. Which living person do you most admire? My mother.

6. What is your greatest extravagance? Flowers.

7. What is your current state of mind? Hopeful.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Silence.

9. On what occasion do you lie? At times, when I don't want to hurt someone's feelings.

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? Arm flab.

11. Which living person do you most despise? Someone who has recently treated someone I love very, very cruelly.

12. What is the quality you most like in a man? Is in love with Jesus Christ. It's hard to explain. All I know is that it's a quality that John Wayne possessed. Something about a man who is tough and doesn't put up with bull, who speaks his mind, but is also loving toward others and has a sense of humor.

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman? God-fearing; compassion and intelligence.

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? "You know what I mean?"

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? Jesus.

16. When and where were you happiest? The moment I understood how big of a deal it was for Jesus to have died on the cross. It was then I understood the meaning of love and how much I was loved. I was sixteen, driving home and it was raining. I was full of girlish excitement.

17. Which talent would you most like to have? The ability to play the piano and be a good singer.

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I would be more self-confident.

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Traveling to Europe. It's not much, but come May my greatest achievement will be graduating college a month after I turn 21.

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? I would never want to come back.

21. Where would you most like to live? Franklin, Tennessee; Ireland; London; New York City- all over the world.

22. What is your most treasured possession? My heart.

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Life without God.

24. What is your favorite occupation? Creating and being inspired.

25. What is your most marked characteristic? My curly hair.

26. What do you most value in your friends? Kindness, bluntness, humor and passion.

27. Who are your favorite writers? C.S. Lewis, J.K. Rowling, Roald Dahl, Kay Thompson, & Bill O'Reilly.

28. Who is your hero of fiction? Eloise.

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? I haven't a clue.

30. Who are your heroes in real life? My mother, sometimes we annoy each other, but she's always been my best friend.

31. What are your favorite names? Charlie, Elizabeth, Antoinette.

32. What is it that you most dislike? Illness.

33. What is your greatest regret? Not guarding my heart.

34. How would you like to die? For God; Loved; Quickly; I don't want it to be slow and painful.

35. What is your motto? “Guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." and "This too shall pass."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★