Sunday, May 10, 2009

I had a dream

"I was a little girl alone in my little world who dreamed of a little home for me. I played pretend between the trees, and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, and laughed in my pretty bed of green. I had a dream. That I could fly from the highest swing. I had a dream. Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be. The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep." -Priscilla Ahn

Dreaming of the future, once again. I am craving a new adventure, somewhere new. I'm sure my adventures in the magnificent wonderlands of Paris, London and Dublin will hold me over until I finally get out on my own. I want to move far, far away to Tennessee. Although, by the time I visit Europe I may have the liking to live in France for all I know. That sounds like a dream. But we only get one life to live, so why not?


For the past few hours I have been searching online through dozens of homes in Tennessee. And this is what I've decided: I want a yard with big, beautiful trees in the front. I want rose bushes and hydrangeas. Of course, I must have a dog. And, since I'll be living on my own, I want a good protector, such as a Mastiff. Gorgeous dogs, I must say. I want a small, quaint home or cottage with a tiny kitchen and living room. The kitchen will be decorated and inspired by a vintage ice-cream parlor. The bathroom will be painted robin's egg blue. The living room will be a light, light color with a mix of modern and shabby chic. & Large windows and tall ceilings would be lovely.

I'd spend my mornings on my front porch, whilst reading the paper and sipping on a delicious cup of hot coffee, my dog laying next to me. I just want to be on my own. Sweet, sweet independence. An adult, living and working and dreaming and enjoying the beautiful world around her. This is what I crave. The more I think about it, I just wish to leave Arizona. It's been a lovely home for the past twenty years, but I believe it will soon be time to say goodbye. Of course, God may want me somewhere different. But Tennessee really looks like it may become a reality. I'd love to live outside the city and work in Nashville. Oh, it would be grand.

Wishing you sweet dreams,
Krissie

Photo Credit: {Decor8}

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★