Monday, February 9, 2009

How to spend my Valentine's Day

I'm excited for my sob fest this weekend. Sounds strange, I know. But I'm looking forward to a night in, cuddled up under my blanket and relaxing after a stressful week. It'll be especially wonderful if the rain keeps up. There is something inspiring about rain. It puts me in the brightest of moods, despite the absence of the sun. I also think I will treat myself to Dove chocolate.

I've come to the realization for quite some time now that I am much happier without a man. I am not the type who is bitter toward couples, rather I wish them happiness and pray one doesn't screw over the other. But I, for one, am thankful for my singleness on this upcoming holiday.

Now two nights ago I found myself watching the end of The Notebook. It's been several years since I watched the movie, especially after my grandmother passed away. Any plot involving Alzheimers brings me to tears. But the movie is beautiful, as are all Nicholas Sparks movies.

I've realized that both The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe are beautiful not only in plot, but also visually. The swan scene in Notebook, for instance, is simply breathtaking. And the sandy beach in Rodanthe is stunning, despite my dislike for the ocean. And that old bed & breakfast? Charming as all get out! And isn't Diane Lane cute as a button? Along with Richard Gere who is strikingly handsome. I plan on purchasing the film later this week.

No need for cheesy chick flicks when I can watch the movies that are so real, so true- the ones that show how beautiful life can be despite tragedy. I might hold off on A Walk to Remember, just because I have seen it more times than I can count. But The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe will go perfectly with chocolate. If I were of age, I'd probably consider a glass of wine as well. I'm just in that mood.

This Valentine's Day is about celebrating being independent and being a strong, beautiful woman. And I am embracing the holiday.

It is the possibility that keeps me going … and though you may call me a dreamer or a fool or any other thing, I believe that anything is possible. {The Notebook}

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★