Sunday, October 19, 2008

Victorian delicacy



Marie Antoinette takes the cake for most eloquent film set. The victorian outfits and furniture were enough reason for me to watch the movie. The plot isn't wonderful. But the scenery, fashion, food, and palace are to die for. My favorite scene is performed as I Want Candy plays in the background. A perfect song for this scene since the clothing and jewelry, and not just the food, looks simply delicious and exquisite. And the hair, complete with feathers and bird ornaments, is extremely glamourous.

1 comment :

  1. I absolutely LOVE Marie Antoinette, but not really because of the plot. Actually, the movie is kind of bleh, but the costumes and the set design...it's visually and asthetically brilliant. It's so colorful and it just grabs you...kind of makes me wish life was like that now.

    Minus the guillotines and revolutions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Please visit again. ★